This week we’ve got a CES (Consumer Electronics Show) 2014 roundup at the Internet of Things rodeo! YEEEE-HAH! We diverge wildly along the way, so we end up talking about interesting stuff other than just IoT products.
Podcast: Play in new window
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS
Remember the official Farscape definition of the IoT from our first podcast: The Internet of Things is the ecosystem that results in a world where “things” compute, connect and communicate.
In this episode we talk about…
- Creepy toothbrushes
- Hybrid power solutions
- Do people care about controlling appliances from their smartphone?
- “Trough of disappointment” (Gartner Hype Cycle)
- Analysts project 50 billion internet connected devices by 2050
- House of Coates (tweeting house)
- FTC Commissioner Maureen Ohlhausen and “regulatory humility”
- They see you when you’re sleeping / they knows when you’re awake…
- Government regulations for security and privacy?
We hope you enjoy! Send complaints and kudos to [email protected].